Travel + Leisure has announced the winners of its second annual SMMITTY awards. SMMITTY stands for Social Media’s Most Innovative Travel + Tourism awards, and as to be expected, the magazine has given its award to some great movers and shakers in the social world.
The magazine received hundreds of entries for the awards and ended up choosing those whose campaigns had that extra something that demonstrated true social greatness. The competition was also opened this year to bloggers and journalists, which is great news for anyone with an affection toward those types (like all of you who just love this blog, right?!) The judges for the awards were Jason Calacanis (@jason), Serial entrepreneur, angel investor, and founder of Inside.com; Brian Cooley (@briancooley), Editor at Large, CNET; Kim Mance (@KimMance), Founder of TBEX (Travel Bloggers Exchange), TV host, and writer; Lee McCabe (@leemccabe), Head of Travel, Facebook; Chris Mohney (@chrismohney), Former editor in chief, Tumblr; Mari Smith (@MariSmith), Social media strategist, speaker, and author; Jake Stangel (@jakestangel), Travel + Leisure photographer; Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump), Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisitions, The Trump Organization.
You can go to their site to see the full article, but here, we give you the list. Congrats to all of the winners, many of you we know well!
1. Delta Air Lines Winner: Overall Airline, U.S.
2. Turkish Airlines Winner: Overall Airline, Global
3. San Francisco International Airport Winner: Overall Airport, U.S.
4. Aurora Expeditions Winner: Overall Cruise Line
5. Visit Myrtle Beach Winner: Overall CVB, U.S.
6. Visit Denver Runner-Up: Overall CVB, U.S.
7. Cape Town Tourism Winner: Overall CVB, Global
8. Tourism Australia Runner-Up: Overall CVB, Global
9. Four Seasons Hotels Winner: Overall Hotel Chain
10. The Pfister Hotel Winner: Overall Individual Hotel, U.S.
11. Westin Bund Center Shanghai Runner-Up: Overall Individual Hotel, Global
12. Ski Vermont Winner: Overall Marketing/Trade Association
13. Big Five Tours & Expeditions Winner: Overall Tour Operator
14. Expedia Winner: Overall Travel Agency/Online Travel Agency
15. Passports with Purpose Winner: Best Use of Social Media by an Independent Travel Journalist/Blogger
16. Everything Everywhere Runner-Up: Best Use of Social Media by an Independent Travel Journalist/Blogger
17. Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation Winner: Best Twitter Feed
18. VisitSweden in Conjunction with Glitterati Incorporated Winner: Best Pinterest Photos
19. Tourism Australia Winner: Best Instagram Photos
20. Fairmont Hotels Winner: Best Facebook Timeline
21. Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay Runner-Up: Best Facebook Timeline
22. Meet Minneapolis Winner: Best Blog
23. WestJet Winner: Best Video
24. Four Seasons Hotels Winner: Best Facebook Chat/Twitter Chat/Tweetup/Hangout
25. Noble House Hotels Runner-Up: Best Facebook Chat/Twitter Chat/Tweetup/Hangout
26. W New York Times Square Winner: Best Contest/Giveaway
27. Delta Air Lines Runner-Up: Best Contest/Giveaway
28. Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy Winner: Best Location-Based Campaign
29. National Car Rental Runner-Up: Best Location-Based Campaign
30. Turkish Airlines Winner: Best Mobile-Friendly Campaign
31. Kayak Winner: Best Viral Campaign
32. Qatar Airways Winner: Most Creative Hashtag
33. Travaasa Resorts Runner-Up: Most Creative Hashtag
34. Kimpton Hotels Winner: Best Social Media Use For Public Service (TIE)
35. InterContinental Hotel New York Barclay Winner: Best Social Media Use For Public Service (TIE)
36. Visit Bucks County Runner-Up: Best Social Media Use For Public Service
37. Contiki Winner: Most Innovative Social Media App or Technology