It’s getting to be that time of year again – already! We’re planning for our big eTail West conference, and as such, our awesome conference producer and ecommerce guru, Lori Hawthorne, has asked some of the most important questions to some of the industry’s most influential e-tailers. There will be more of their thoughts in the official conference brochure (coming soon – I’ll let you know when) but for now, hear what three of them have to say on three different topics. (And yes, our websites – apart from this one – are still down but it shouldn’t be long now…) Happy Friday!
1. If you had to name one area, in terms of e-commerce, that businesses should be focusing on right now, what area would that be? And why?
“Businesses should be focusing on delivering a relevant and personalized experience to their customers in all channels and via all marketing touch points & social connections.”
- Angela Caltagirone, VP, Online Marketing, Williams-Sonoma Inc.
2. How do you define success in today’s retail market?
“Success will be predicated on delivering a consistent value proposition to your new and existing customers. Brands should establish themselves as cost leaders (broad segments) or ‘differentiators’ (premium segments), and lead their category with compelling lifecycle marketing programs.”
- Arnold Sookram, Frmr. General Manager, Gamehouse/Real Networks
3. What types of technologies will be “game-changing” in the next year? Five years?
“I believe Responsive Web Design and the ability to create a single website that renders optimally for many standard devices will be a major focus for e-retailers in the future.”
- Erick L. Barney, VP of Marketing, Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.