Back in January we told you about David’s Bridal‘s launch of “My Event,” a one-stop-shop solution for all those bridezillas out there…urr…we mean, excited, happy brides. (Pay no mind to this cynical bride-to-be, trying to plan a wedding in NYC for under a year’s salary. Sorry, had to vent for a moment there.) Well the exciting news is that now, that technology – which, bridezilla or not, I admit is super cool – has gone mobile, to even further whet the appetite of primo-planner brides on-the-go.
To re-cap, My Event is an interactive platform that provides brides-to-be with tools that help plan, organize, share, and track all activities from the engagement through the “I do.” Now, thanks to mobile platform provider, Usablenet, this important part of the David’s Bridal service is available on mobile, and can be accessed via the “my account” log-in.
The new mobile My Event features include:
– My Event Sign-on: Allows brides to sign in via My Account to create a profile, create or view their event and participate in other events hosted by friends.
– Social: Brides can log in through Facebook and invite friends/bridal party to connect and inform people of important dates, upcoming appointments, etc., in an exclusive, private environment.
– Newsfeed: The bridal party’s place for real-time updates and discussion of all wedding planning details, including ability to upload new products and write messages to the wedding party.
– Interactive Shopping Lists: Brides can create shopping lists for themselves, their bridesmaids or others, and keep track of everyone’s purchases.
– Mood Boards: Brides can view a popular feature on desktop – the mood boards – and share on mobile.
– Budget Planner: Brides can stay connected to their budget plan and ensure milestone deadlines are met.
“Planning a wedding can be an extremely time intensive and often overwhelming task, especially today with so many disparate wedding websites, blogs, and applications,” said Johanna Runyon, Director of Digital Content at David’s Bridal. Ain’t that the truth…